Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
500 g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, sliced
2 Tbsp butter
1 large leek, sliced and rinsed well
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c sliced button mushrooms
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 c chicken stock
1 c milk (warmed)
1 Tbsp cornflour
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 c self-raising flour
½ c mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley)
½ tsp each salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in your Ironclad Legacy Pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until almost crispy. Remove from pan, cover and set aside. Add chicken to the pan and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken from the pan and add to the bacon.
2. Now place butter, leeks, garlic, mushrooms and thyme in the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add stock and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often. Mix cornflour into the milk and pour into the pan. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until thickened. Taste the mix and season accordingly.
3. Reintroduce the chicken and bacon to the pie mix and stir to combine.
4. Place SR flour, herbs and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Pour in 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup olive oil and mix until it comes together into a dough. Turn out on to a floured surface and flatten slightly. Rip pieces off the dough and press to about 1cm thick rough circles. Cover the pie mix leaving a little space between each dumpling as they will spread and rise. Brush the tops with a little milk.
5. Place pan in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately with a green salad.