A family favourite from Vanya at VJ Cooks.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp Italian herbs
1 tsp honey (or sugar)
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
400g cooked pasta
Parmesan and basil to serve
1. Turn the oven onto 200°C on fan grill.h2. Add olive oil to the Ironclad Pan, sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
3. Push the onions and garlic to one side and add the meatballs. Brown on each side then pour in the crushed tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle over the herbs and stir in the honey. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper then scatter over the mozzarella.
6. Place your Ironclad Pan under the grill in the oven and cook until the cheese is golden and the meatballs are cooked through. About 5-10 mins.
7. Serve immediately over hot pasta with fresh basil and parmesan.